The thin line near the center of the picture is where we were on the trail a couple hours before.
Navajo Bridges. The first was built in 1929. When the second was built in 1995, the first became pedestrian only. The only bridges across the river before the two at Phantom Ranch which connect trails from the south rim to the north rim.