Friday, October 24, 2014

new adventure

After managing retail drugstores for a long, long time, Friday was my last day. I've known for a long time that I wanted to do something different, and I've finally found that something. I start training next week to be the bike shop manager for the new Scheels in Overland Park, KS. The latest edition of this awesome store, based out of my hometown, Fargo, ND, is set to open in June of 2015. I am so excited that I'm going to be part of it.


The next few months will have me going back and forth to Omaha to train in the Scheels located there. I'll make the trip up and down I-29 more than a Royals prospect. After training I'll be involved in setting up the new store, preparing for grand opening. Making a living helping others find the right bike for their adventures sounds like a blast.


Osco Drug and CVS Health have been great places to work, but I had no real affection for Tylenol or Head and Shoulders. But bikes? Mmmmmm bikes. I have often joked that I still didn't know what I want to be when I grow up. Maybe now I know. A great weekend to all of you, and if you're in Kansas someday, and you need a bike.........

3 comments:

  1. A big CONGRATULATIONS!! I am happy for you. That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you Jeff. You'll be a great asset to Sheels and to all the bike riders in the Kansas City area. By the way, just a reminder to send pictures of your biking ventures.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great match of your interests & experience, Jeff! Attaboy! So does this mean you'll be bring a bunch of fresh recruits from your network of customers to the CRMBT?

    ReplyDelete