Thursday, July 31, 2014

one more time

I'm as ready as I'm gonna be. Tomorrow I'll drive to Colorado Springs and spend the night at an elevation almost a mile higher than here in eastern Kansas. Check-in with CRMBT is Saturday afternoon, a chance to see some organizers, volunteers, and riders who have given me so much joy over the last several years. Then Sunday morning we'll be on our way.
 My plan is to post a few pics to facebook throughout the week, but wait until I'm home to put together the first of several blog posts about my adventure. I am taking my GoPro in the hopes of capturing some nice descents on Cottonwood Pass and Pikes Peak. But, I decided that last year I spent too much time trying to capture each day in pictures or videos with the GoPro, and didn't take enough good shots with my trusty Canon. So look for lots of pictures.

There's been a little Pikes Peak mania on the forums and facebook groups associated with the tour. I haven't been immune. I want so badly to do that climb, and I'm trying to use my fear? apprehension? excitement? as motivation. But, I also will remember to enjoy the whole ride. Great people, great scenery, and a whole week where I only need to know 1. where to ride, and 2. what to eat. Good times!


2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great week. As always, be safe. Can't wait to see your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ride safely, Jeff, this has to be a memorable ride --- something to cross off your bucket list. We'll be looking for pictures. Love, Pat

    ReplyDelete