Wednesday, March 5, 2014

more music

We had never watched the NBC series Parenthood. It was recommended as a good Netflix choice with 4 full seasons available. We came to really enjoy the story and care about the characters, but one of my favorite things about the show is the music. Whoever matches the song to the scene does a great job, with an eclectic mix of old and new, artists you've heard of, and some you surely have not.
One of the latter group is named Alexi Murdoch. He has had a couple of his songs featured, and the first time I heard him I was certain that there was a Nick Drake song I had missed. I love Nick Drake and took the name of this blog from one of his songs. After a little research, I found that Alexi Murdoch sounds a lot like Nick Drake, but is alive and well and still producing music.
I put a few of his songs on the top of my playlist here and hope you enjoy them. I followed those with a couple Nick Drake songs for comparison. I first learned about Nick Drake when they used his "Pink Moon" in a Volkswagen commercial. If you like him, there is a large catalog of his work from the early '70s. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment