Monday, May 27, 2013

still rolling

I haven't had a lot to write about here lately. It was a later than usual start to a serious riding season, and the hope for an early summer bike tour have kind of gone by the wayside. So, with my sights set firmly on Colorado in August with CRMBT, I've been taking video and pictures with my GoPro camera in hopes of capturing some great climbs and descents on that tour.

It's become apparent that I'll need another sd card for a week-long tour, and with storage capacity and battery life in mind, I'll still be taking a lot of pictures with my old camera and saving the videos for  a few highlights each day. The hardest thing so far is learning about editing and enhancing what I've shot, but it's been fun too.

While it's been great to be back on the bike more often, and the weather has been pretty decent overall, the videos and pictures I've taken on most of my recent rides show evidence that those rides have been mostly flat, and in mostly overcast conditions. In other words, they all kind of look alike.

So, I'm still riding to get stronger to be ready for August, and I'm hoping to be able to share more of the experience with words, pictures and videos. If you want to see a sample of the videos I'm playing with, check this out. But, you'll need to click the bars to stop the music on my blog because I also added music to the video.



Or you can follow this link to watch it on you tube.


No comments:

Post a Comment