Sunday, April 14, 2013

ennui gone wild

I wrote a post a couple years ago called ennui about the weariness from a long, cold winter, and the subsequent lack of riding it had caused. Looking back recently I noticed that it had been written on the second of March. This year, a month and a half later than I complained about that winter, my ennui is evolving into something worse.

I have been out for a handful of rides this spring. We've been teased with a nice day here and there in between snow storms, thunderstorms, howling wind and bitter cold. But I'm getting sick of it.The 10 day forecast calls for more rain, wind, and cold temperatures. Maybe warm enough to sneak in a short ride here or there, but by this time I think I should be able to expect the occasional 75 degree day with a light breeze that is conducive to a 50 mile+ wander through the countryside. Is that too much to ask?!?!

Good things come to those who wait? Alright then, we should be in for a treat.


2 comments:

  1. I am a little late here, but I am also ready for spring! Just this last Thursday/Friday we recieved about 20" of wet heavy snow. We are now in the bullseye for they say 6 to 9 more inches for tomorrow. There is a lot of snow still on the ground around here...so, yeah I am ready for spring. Or summer?

    RL

    ReplyDelete