Wednesday, March 2, 2011

ennui

ennui–noun
a feeling of utter weariness and discontent resulting from satiety or lack of interest; boredom: The endless lecture produced an unbearable ennui.          Dictionary.com


Maybe I should say the endless winter has produced an unbearable ennui. It's been the worst we've seen in KS for some time. And I hate riding the trainer, so I've only done that a few times. I really need to get back on the road. I should be able to soon. Hopefully I'll find my cycling mojo, and that always inspires me to blog.
 
In the meantime, all the tours are announcing their routes, and I'm planning on doing a comparison of CRMBT, BTC, and RTR. And I'm driving 12 hours to Alabama next week to play golf with a couple buddies on the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail. I'm sure I'll have some stories to tell, and the scenery looks amazing, so I'll have some pictures to share.                                                                  Ride the Rockies route pictured below.

By the time we're back home it's almost the middle of March. And while most of my free time will be devoted to March Madness, the NCAA Tournament, and rooting for my KS Jayhawks, if the roads are dry and the temperature high, I'll get my butt out the door and down the road.

8 comments:

  1. Hope that you find your cycling mojo soon.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are not alone on your being tired of this winter....and yet if it thaws too fast we are in big trouble from a flood in the Red River valley!!! Happy Golfing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't sure what it was called but I have it too. Hope to get in RTR. We've registered and are waiting for lottery announcement.

    Clay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clay, I know you've ridden most, if not all, of the RtR route. I think it looks great, but I prefer the loop tour. The second half of the Buena Vista to Edwards day is one of my favorite rides in CO. I hope you get in and post about it after.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a safe and fun golfing journey.

    Jayhawks? Wish I could say good luck to your team, but in the Roy Williams era Kansas knocked my team (Purdue) out of the NCAA Tournament twice.

    My butt will be on the couch for the tournament too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard good things about the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail. Have fun! !

    For what its worth, I know of no one who likes the trainer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spring is on its way! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Winter is indeed getting loooong...looking forward to summer riding! We've ridden outside, but not enough, for sure.

    ReplyDelete