Thursday, June 14, 2012

tour de kota 2012

I think I'm all packed and ready to roll. Saturday morning I'll drive to Dell Rapids, SD (with a stop in Sioux Falls to hit Scheels) to check in for the Tour de Kota. The route we'll follow Sunday to Friday is 464 miles of rolling hills through eastern South Dakota, with a brief incursion into Iowa, and even an overnight stop in Marshall, MN.
This tour was the first week-long ride that I ever did, and it inspired me to ride BAK and become a repeat offender on CRMBT. I'm really looking forward to seeing some of the small towns and residents who will host us as we ride through or overnight. I'm planning on taking pictures whenever the opportunities prevent themselves. And, I plan to ride fast enough to get in at a good time, but slow enough to appreciate the journey.

I'm really looking forward to a week where all I have to concern myself with is where to ride, and what to eat. If I feel like it I'll put something on Facebook or Twitter, but I'll share the entire tour with you when I'm safe at home.

1 comment:

  1. I hope it was a wonderful week. Looking forward to your pictures!

    ReplyDelete