Sunday, December 4, 2011

race across the sky - leadville trail 100

It had been a while since I had watched my DVD of Race Across The Sky, so I popped it in when I climbed on my trainer this morning. It's kind of like watching Apollo 13, I know what's going to happen, but I still get caught up in the drama. Having happened onto Leadville as the race was reaching it's crucial 12 hour cut-off one year gave me a small idea of how grueling an event this is.
 I've ridden into Leadville in a cold rain at the end of a hundred mile day with lots of climbing. It was hard. But I was on paved roads, and it wasn't a race! I'm in awe of those who ride this race, and while I don't particularly want to do it, would love to see it again.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen the DVD of 'The Race Across the Sky' but looking at the trailer it certainly looks worth watching Jeff.

    -Trevor

    ReplyDelete