Saturday, February 28, 2015

next chapter

My four months in Omaha have come to an end. It was a great experience; a great store and an even better group of people. Now I'm ready for the next step. Monday a small group of us will start at the new store. For the first couple of months we'll be receiving freight, assembling displays, and generally doing "whatever it takes" to get the store ready for our June grand opening.
 Omaha Scheels


The tech outdoor department in Omaha had shrunk to a fraction of its peak size before I left, and we were able to set almost all of the expanded bike shop. It was fun to see some great displays of road, mountain, comfort and fat-tire bikes, as well as clothing and accessories. I'm glad that I got to be part of writing the next chapter before I left.


I would also like to announce another new chapter. I'm going to continue to use this blog to write about my cycling adventures, those accomplished and those being planned. And I also want to share the news of my new bike shop and beautiful new store as it comes to fruition. But I don't know if everyone who may read this blog about cycling wants to hear about my veganism. So I'm starting another blog devoted specifically to that. I would encourage everyone to follow me at Vegan For Life but if you only want to check in on the bike biz, this blog will be for that.

2 comments:

  1. Our nearest Scheels is 100 miles away in Eau Claire WI, but I always enjoy shopping there when get down that way. Although I am not vegan, I surely do not mind reading about it. One of my subscriptions on YouTube is devoted to vegan and also friends on FB are vegans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roger, Hopefully I'll have something interesting to write on both blogs!

      Delete