Wednesday, January 8, 2014

still here

It was November when I lasted posted here, and October when I wrote something about cycling. I read about other people's adventures on fat-tire bikes in the snow and wonder if I should get one. But I hate the snow. And the cold. And I don't like riding on my trainer. I want to be outside, on a dry road, sweating as I pedal the miles away. Is that too much too ask?

Many of the blogs I followed when I first started this one have gone away, morphed into something else, or have just been relegated to very infrequent posting. I started this blog to share my adventures on bike tours. I still hope to do a lot of that in the future. But, maybe my posts would be more frequent if I broadened the scope.

I have written about trying to eat better, which led to my veganism. That has led to becoming much more aware of animal cruelty that seems to be commonplace on factory farms. I don't know exactly what I'm going to do about it, but opting out of that particular food chain is a good first step. And I'd like to spread the word so others can take steps to help. Even baby steps.

Another thing I like to share on this blog is music. It started with adding just the right song to a particular post. Reading about a ride in the mountains begs for accompaniment like "Elevation" by U2, or "Middle of the Road" by The Pretenders. But I also love a lot of new "adult alternative" music by artists like Brandi Carlile and The Shins. And I enjoy finding old songs by well known artists that I haven't heard in years, or have never heard.

So, it's not really a resolution, but in 2014 I'm going to try to post more about things that matter to me, including cycling, training and touring. But also some other stuff. If any of that sounds interesting, or if you just want to see what comes next, stick around.

No comments:

Post a Comment