Tuesday, October 1, 2013

long time, no post

It's been a while since I've posted anything on this blog. After returning from Colorado I haven't been on my bike all that much. Too few rides that were too short. I can place blame on circumstances, but truthfully I just haven't pushed myself to ride as much as I should if I want to keep riding in amazing places.

I visited such a place this weekend. For several years I've gone camping at the end of September with a group of friends. "Men's Weekend" is for building fires, playing cards, smoking cigars, and enjoying an adult beverage or two. The last few years it has also included a couple of short bike rides. We moved the location for our camping weekend this year and were able to take a nice 25 mile ride on the Katy Trail. Cameras are frowned upon at Men's Weekend, but here's an idea of the scenery we enjoyed:
Images borrowed from Bing Images.

And now I think I've found the motivation to train through the winter. The Colorado Rocky Mountain Bike Tour has announced the likely route for 2014, and it looks awesome!
This route includes an epic ride over Cottonwood Pass, which we've done before on this tour. And it goes to some places we haven't visited, including Royal Gorge, and, wait for it, Pike's Peak! When I heard some rumors that Pike's Peak may be part of the tour, I wasn't sure how the organizers could arrange the route to give riders a good shot at making it to the top without disrupting the flow of the whole ride. It looks like this could do it. Leaving from Woodland Park after our last night, the final day would feature about 28 miles from the start to the summit, and slightly longer to descend and cruise into Colorado Springs. This could be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment