Wednesday, April 7, 2010

"gail" force winds

You never have the wind with you - either it is against you or you're having a good day. ~Daniel Behrman, The Man Who Loved Bicycles
 I know it's spelled g-a-l-e, but this is getting personal. I wanted to put a name to it. Is it possible for the wind to be against you from four directions on the same ride? OK, it wasn't, but it sure was more of a hindrance as a headwind or crosswind, than a help as a tailwind. But it was still fun to be off the trainer, and riding outside!

4 comments:

  1. For me, just about any ride outside is better than the trainer. I am with you on the wind. I know I have been on rides in which the wind is against me both ways...and when I was young I walked to school, uphill both ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the wind thing happened only to me. I see now I am in good company!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whichever direction I ride into, the wind seems to never be at my back, especially by the bay. Murphy's Cycling Law.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a real cyclist you never admit to tail wind. :-)

    ReplyDelete