Friday, May 1, 2009

bicycle bucket list

After seeing a couple other "bicycle bucket lists" I thought I would list some bike-related things I would like to do in my lifetime.

-Ride across the country. I've read some great descriptions of self-supported trans-america tours, but I'm starting to see that for something of this length, sag and a motel would not be bad.




-Do an organized tour in all 50 states. This might be tough because I've enjoyed doing tours through South Dakota enough to go back and do it again, and I enjoyed a Colorado tour last year so much that I'm going back twice this summer. If I keep repeating states, 50 could take a while.


-Take part in a couple of tours in my home state, CANDISC (Cycling Around North Dakota In Sakakawea Country), and RRIBT ( Red River International Bike Tour) which goes briefly into Manitoba. Also, I've lived in Kansas for 20+ years and I need to do BAK (Bike Across Kansas) someday soon.


-Mountain bike around Moab. My family doctor has a picture in his office of the white rim ride, and it looks awesome.




-Ride around Great Britain. Ireland, Scotland, the Channel.



-Pitch a tent in the Pyrenees during the Tour de France and cheer on the peloton. If I could get a picture of Lance, or George, or Levi, it would be cool to get it as they rode by with the mountains in the backgound.



I would love to do any or all of these things. Mostly, I'd love to be blessed with good health to continue riding for a long, long time. The rest is just gravy.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful list, Jeff. I hope they all become a reality for you, especially the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! The white rim ride looks pretty interesting. I'd like to try that some day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. White Rim is great as it is non-technical. Porcupine Rim is great if you want to go 8 miles downhilll with lots of drops. Riding across the US has always been something I thought looked fun.

    ReplyDelete